Our involves was in designing depositors based on projects which consist of,
- Concept design (based on servos, pneumatics, mechanisms, hydraulics, tanks, hoppers, pumps, main drives, with welding and sheet metal designs).
- Reverse engineering old machine for documentation and improvements.
- Conversion design from welded version to bolt-on version of the design.
The major part of projects based on designing depositors consists of,
- Structural design
- Preparing geometry of mechanisms and
- Producing manufacturing drawings.
Tools and skills used,
- Solidworks (Part, Assembly, Sheet metal, Weldment, Drawing, Simulation)
- AutoCAD (2d drawings)
- Reduced material getting scrap/rework by providing a quick and on-time design which increased around 10% productivity.
- FEA liner analysis of part and mechanisms decreased time taken at assembly and increased production speed with more reliability.
- Implementing Australian standards religiously on all drawings made the design more universal and simple to design and manufacturing team, resulting an increase in production speed.
- Implementing sheetmetal design in replacement to plates improved machine look and reduced machine weight and increased assembly time by using bolt-on systems instead of welding.